This response to Kyle's post didn't seem to make it to the list:

I think the best piece of advice I can give about shipping oversize panels
is that if you ship everything together, you should save big money on
shipping. Shipping large panels is usually in the range of $100 to $125
(occasionally more, rarely less) for one panel and it usually doesn't cost
any more to ship a few panels together than it does to ship one by itself.

Depending on where you live, it is very possible to pick up sheet metal
parts in person. The sheet metal companies that I use both allow people to
purchase a panel from me and pick it up there. If you live in southern CA,
western PA, or GA you can buy parts from an out-of-state retailer (one in
particular comes to mind), beat the sales tax because the transaction is out
of state, and beat the shipping as well by picking the stuff up. That's the
best way to do it if you can.

UPS oversize is indeed expensive and there's not much you can do about it,
but again you may be able to pick up the parts you are looking for.

John Nasta