Jim

Yep, back in the 70's that was the rage. I did the same thing. I did work at
a front end shop for awhile and when you "jack it up" you change the geometry
and mess up the stock settings. If you get it really high, it's hard to get
the settings where they should be.

Looks cool, but it reduces handling (alot if it's lifted higher) and wears
tires, suspension parts and raises your center of gravity (not good).

I do not know if off-set a-arms would help or not, but if it's a good front
end shop, he's probably right. He sounds like he can make minimum setting, so
that maybe OK. The springs may also settle down a few 16ths after a few
thousand miles which will help.

Hope this helps.

Bill C