-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Wayne
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 7:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Rich Edelbrock Carb

Tom.. The 1405 carb.. is close for a mild 350 out of the Box...With the O2
sensor ( COOL )
I assume you have a mechanical full pump...  if that is the case and it's a
Hi out put. you can
over power the needles in the AFB/Edelbrock type carbs. They only like 6 t
o7 psi ..

. At a idle is the a " POP" in the header ??

Another problem I have run into in NEW installations.. is dirt- sediment
getting in to the metering fuel deliver circuit ...

Cross fire on New Wires !!! can, but most likely  NOT...

I would double check my firing order..timing and  Points,, the obvious
spring and mech advance on the Distributor .. then start on the full
delivery sys.. then the carb,,
The Carb came with a tuning chart,, also there web page has good info...

GL Wayne
ACES # 1556
TCG # 186