-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Michael Pell
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 2:25 PM
To: ChevelleList; HSCA Yahoo Group; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] OT: 2002 Chev Truck problems

I have a 2002 C1500 with the 5.3, 42k miles.  Never had a lick of
problem until the last few weeks.
It's been stumbling when it first starts, usually worse when the engine
it has been run that day or the engine is warm.
It'll sput and sputter for about 5 seconds after it starts.

Last week I had the fuel system cleaned (rails/injectors), hoping for
simple dirty injectors, but it didn't help at all.

Yesterday, it wouldn't start at all.  I think it's fuel related, and I
removed the fuel line from the output side of the fuel filter, turned on
the key, and verified the fuel pump is working to some extent.   After
putting the fuel line back on, it started right up with no problems at
all.
And today it started right up again.

Any chance I'm lucky enough to have had a vapor lock of some kind in the
fuel lines and I magically fixed it?  Yeah I know, I should be so lucky.

Has anyone had similar problems?  Or any of you mechanics have a
suggestion or a solution for me?

Thanks,
Mike "just out of warranty" P.

--