From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Leo
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 8:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] HELP! Timing or what?

When both marks are pointing at each other, that is #6 at TDC.

When both marks are pointing straight up, that is #1 at TDC.

It sounds as you set the timing up with both marks pointing at each other and set the distributor to #1 Cyl.  That would be 180 degrees out of timing.

With everything back together, remove #1 Spark plug and turn the engine over until you feel pressure and then watch the timing mark on the balancer and stop when the mark on the balancer and the timing tab are set to 0 degrees.  Rest the distributor to #1 cyl, lock it down, start eng and then set timing with timing light.

You should be ok.

Leo