I tried that once and had trouble putting the double flare on it. I paid a lot of money for that flaring tool but couldn't make a good flare. So I ended up buying new and now it sits in my tool box so people can say, boy, you have some nice tools. :o)
Rich
ACES # 05066
----- Original Message -----
From: John Nasta
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2003 6:59 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] steel brake line trick

If you want to replace your front brake hoses but one or both of the ends in
the line(s) is/are stripped, you can often get away with cutting through the
end with a cutting wheel or hacksaw (as close to the end as possible), then
slipping a new end on and re-flaring the tube, and re-attaching it. Much
easier than replacing the whole steel line. For best results try to cut off
as little of the original steel line as possible. Of course you have to be
planning on replacing the hose as well.

Just a little tip that I picked up over the weekend.

John Nasta