A word of caution, given that I've done this many times. If you are
interested, get a written contract and be very specific about what they can
and can't do with the car. Personally, I would not allow any camera rigs to
be attached to the vehicle, I would not let anybody drive it (towing it on a
dolly would be fine though) and I would want to make sure that it's not
going to be used in any chase or violent scenes, or bad weather scenes. If
it is going to be a parked background vehicle, I'd want to move it myself,
and if it's going to be a moving background vehicle, I'd want to drive it
myself.  Just remember to think it through if you are interested. Also, note
that it's a low-budget film, which implies that the crew might not be as
experienced/professional, and make sure that they have insurance and will
give you a rider naming you as the payee in the event of any loss. I don't
know these people. They contacted me out of the blue.

Good luck,
John Nasta

Dear John,

    My name is George Kardulias.  I am working with a film production
company called Illuminati Films based out of Purceville, VA.  The company is
run by Frank Scuirba.  We are in the process of making a very low budget
independent film called "Perfect Poison".  The time frame of the film is
1963 and we are looking for vintage vehicles of that era.  Specifically we
are looking for cars in the 1959-1963 year group.  But cars built before
1963 would be more than welcome.  The filming is taking place this summer in
the  Middleburg/Leesburg general areas.

    I was wondering if you could put us in touch with any owners of vintage
vehicles in the northern Virginia/DC area who would allow us to use their
cars in the film.  The owner would be acknowledged in the credits at the end
of the film.

    Please feel free to contact either Frank or myself with any ideas you
may have.  Frank can be reached at (540) 338-6598.  I can be reached at
(703) 904-5032.

    I wish to thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Very truly yours,

George Kardulias
(703) 904-5032