From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 4:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] Vave stem seals

Again from the Schreib-Atherton book I mentioned earlier, the rebuilder
that
they talked to (Jay Steel of Taylor Engine in Whittier, CA) doesn't like
the
all-Teflon seals.  He feels they restrict guide oiling too much but if
they're
used then bronze guides should also be installed because they survive
better
under reduced oiling conditions.  His choice is a rubber umbrella seal
with a
Teflon inner liner/scraper but I used all-rubber umbrella seals.

Brad