At 01:40 PM 8/4/2003 -0500, you wrote:
At 01:29 PM 08/04/2003 -0500, you wrote:
At 08:19 AM 8/4/2003 -0400, you wrote:
That makes sense to me, as well as cleaning the area with carb cleaner
before applying the RTV.

Will carb cleaner or brake cleaner damage the RTV?

Tom

Use brake cleaner-carb cleaner will leave a petroleum residue that the RTV won't stick to. Once it sets up then you can spray carb cleaner on it to clean up the oil that leaked--it won't hurt, but I prefer brake cleaner for all cleaning.

BL

Lacquer thinner works best & is cheap.
Yeah, but it doesn't come in a spray & sometimes it's hard to get access to some things to clean them. I tend to be a hoser rather than a wiper. :-))