It's all part of experience!  I put 75K miles on a 1.7 VW Rabbit engine
after 3 blown head gaskets I could do the disassembly and reassembly with
my eyes closed.  I also lost a 5/8 socket in a buddies F**d Rustang engine
compartment.  It never hit the floor and we never found it.

Krister Meister
Bloomingdale, IL
'66 SS #'s

Well,  I got back out there today (at a snail's pace, but I figure a slow
pace is  better than not doing anything).   I pulled the intake today and
OOPS!!!!  I left a rag in there from last time.  That would probably
explain my pulsing oil pressure gauge, but I don't think that would have
messed  anything up as far as water getting into the oil, so I'm gonna pull
the heads  still.  Man, I feel like a moron :)   Oh well, I know I'm  not
the first to leave stuff in the engine... I've heard many stories already
about others doing the same thing :)  I never did understand how someone
could do that, but ... well I still don't understand it, but somehow it
happened  to me too :)

Rodney.
71  Chevelle
El  Mirage, AZ