Dave,

I unbolted the shocks.  And the control arms, and the entire rear axle.  But you bring
up a good point.  Maybe I still need some weight on the frame back there to hold it
DOWN while I am jacking the body of the car UP.  I may have just been pivoting the
entire rear of the car on the front wheels when I really need to concentrate on the
separation of the body from the frame and not just how high I get the body.

I'll give that a shot and see what happens.  I'll grab my neighbor to keep an eye on
the front to see if we are onto something.

Tony