I have a 1967 Chevelle SS , all original. I plan to consider converting to power steering in the future. However, right now will stay with the manual steering box.

The current manual steering box is leaking (bottom seal on manual steering box). It appears it is leaking 90 lube gear oil (I have read that the box should contain chassis lube).

Question:  What is the correct procedure for checking and filling manual box with correct gear or chassis lube, i.e., do you remove the center bolt (or is that for adjusting the steering).

Advice please. Thanks,

Ken McDee

Do you Yahoo!?