Once you get past the "Fisher-Price" interface of XP, it's not that
different from W2K, really.  I have two each at home and at work we're
split about 50/50 as well.  Except for some very OS specific custom
software (and some MS utilities), they run about the same.  Did you use
the home or Pro version?  I haven't used the home version of either but
I know you can make XP Pro look like W2K as far as the interface goes.

Dale McIntosh