From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12. november 2003 18:50
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] front sheetmetal removal.

Andre

I've taken the nose off a few times myself. The best way ( I think) is
to keep it in one piece. here is a way to do it.

     1). remove the hood. but mark or scribe around the hood
         hinges 1st. It will help line the hood up later.

     1A). remove the radiator.

     2). unbolt a bolt at the top rear of each fender. its in
          the cowl area.  IIRC

     3). there is also a bolt behind/under the hood hinge

     4). there is 1 or 2 bolts at the bottom of the rear of
        the fender. these are the hardest due to rust. use
        lots of penetrating oil.

     5). there is one body/bolt combo at the front of the
         fender by or next to the radiator support.

      6). remove the wireing harness as it hooks to the
          firewall. Its like a 5/16 bolt.

     7). check for wiper hoses and such before you pull !!!!

     8). USE LOTS OF TAGS AND TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!! SAVE ALL SHIMS
AND KEEP THEM WITH EACH BOLT OR FUTURE ALIGNMENT WILL BE A PITA. !!!!!!

I would not remove the nose if there is a lot of rust and large holes in
the lower rear  fenders. You will only make thing worse.

But once the nose is off, there is tons of room to work and clean
everything up.

hope this gets you going....I hope I didn't miss anything

Bill C

an assembly manual will show this better, but if you check it out,
you'll be able to do it. Get a freind to help pull it off. It will come
up a little, then forward and you tilt the rear up and over the wheels.