Yeah the Muncie shifter was not the hot set up for banging gears. It is mounted to the cross member with a bracket then has a rubber mounted stabilizer rod and another bracket on a 45 deg angle. They tried to isolate the shifter from vibration and torque movement of the trans.
 I have done a few conversions that use the Hurst shifter with original Muncie shift lever. Looks cool and shifts good.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 69 SS M21 Shifter

Larry,
    Was that problem exclusive to Muncie 4 speeds or was it a problem with the Muncie 3 speed as well? I have the Muncie MC1 (Heavy Duty) 3 speed standard in my '69 SS. The only thing that isn't stock in the car is the shifter. It has a Hurst Indy shifter in it. Just curious. As always, thanks for the input, I appreciate it.
 
 
Scott Jackson
1969 CHEVELLE SS 396
T/C # 2172

Reply via email to