Actually, if you drill out the rivets holding the horn together, you'll find it's actually quite simple. Usually, the problems with old horns is rust buildup. A good cleaning and re-alignment of the armature (? the plate that actually does the buzzing) will fix it unless the coil is open. Brake cleaner and a light wire brush will usually do it. Now would be the time to paint it. Put the horn back together and put some bolts through it with ny-lock locking nuts. Test and adjust the screw until it is nice and loud. The bolts will keep as they are, make them chrome for a nice look, zinc plated if you want to paint over them, or pop-rivet them back in.

        Hope this helps.
        Hoss

Good idea for a non-show car and it will work if the diaphragm isn't rusted through (like mine). I will need new diaphragms & I need the factory look for the car. I'll have to figure out how to crimp the rivets like Delco did, but I have a plan in mind. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks,
BL