Ahh the elusive 64  amp shunt.. Rad support mounted... Yes there a rare item.. Dick @ True Connection was rumored a few years ago to be looking into a replacement ???
I do have a question for you.  Look at your amp meter from the rear..
The reason is a 65 AMP gauge  has no need for an external shunt.. That's because it's built into the rear of the AMP . meter.. you can see it on the back.. if you lucky enough to have a 65 cluster or amp meter . .you just need to connect the two red wires next to the horn relay.... I have used a GM junction block like the one next to the Battery  and mounted it next to the horn relay , to achieve a factory like look !!
 
Wayne
ACES #  1556
TC # 186
 
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 7:59 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Need help with gauges

Hi,
 I'm restoring a 64 Chevelle Malibu 2 door ht. The car came with idiot lights. Upon installation of the optional gauges and a new wire harness setup for them, I have discovered that I need an item called a shunt (resister). Much to my dismay, they are not available. I was told they only came on the 63 Nova and 64 Chevelle. Has anyone else run into this problem and how did you work around it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dave Hasselbreg
64 Chevelle 2 DR HT

Reply via email to