From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] suspension rebuild

: > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: > Someone is suggesting that after having my front control arms powder
coated &
: > bushings & ball joints installed I should have the lower ball joints
tack
: > welded.  Is this a good/bad idea?
:
: I've heard of this and don't understand why you'd want to.
: Millions of Chevys out there are getting along just fine with their ball
joints pressed in.
: Now if you put the ball joint in and it isn't tight I'd be concerned and
looking for cracks maybe.
: I've done ball joints on a couple 64's and didn't have any problems.
: BTW, did they powdercoat inside the holes the ball joint and bushings fit
in? I could see that causing some grief.
:
:
:
: