At 08:31 AM 12/08/2003, you wrote:

Mark, you've described my exact oil change. At 39 I have never paid to have
an oil change.

Krister Meister
Bloomingdale, IL
'66 SS #'s

Got you beat, at 59 I never have not changed my own oil.
Hey it's fun, get car hot, get under a hot car, unscrew the
oil filter just a little, take a big nail & hammer & punch
a hole in bottom of oil filter, pull out nail & unscrew oil
drain plug, drink a beer, let drain while you drink another
beer, unscrew oil filter till it falls in the drain pan, still
hot & splashes on you. Try to remember to fill the filter full
of oil before you (wipe gasket on filter with oil) & also put
in drain plug (try not to forget this while you drink another
beer), also the drain plug does NOT need 100 FT LBS of torque.
Try to remember you also have to put 4 qt's (or so) in the motor.
Start car (should see instant oil pressure) if not you screwed up.

OR, Take car to "Handy Dandy Oil Change" & wait while it's all
done for you. Don't worry that you have no oil pressure when you
start your car (maybe they didn't fill up the filter) & that stripe
that you find after you pull into your driveway all down your street
is just your tires leaking ;)