thanks Dale and Mike, you've helped me out quite a bit
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 1:12 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] rear gears

hi gang
I've got a question or two regarding the gearing of my differential.I've got a 67 Malibu that had a 283 and a powerglide, I've pulled them and installed a 305 and a TH350. My question is this "what would you recommend for the gears in my rear end"? I'm looking to decrease my rpms on the long haul and increase my mileage.to the best of my knowledge my gears are stock.
any help would be greatly appreciated
it looks like the casting on the rear end is "3894938N" ? its a non posi 10 bolt
stamped on the tube it looks like "CR1109B" or could be "cr11098" ?
hope this helps