I had bad wheel hop when I used to race circle track with a-bodies.  What ALWAYS fixed mine was replacing the upper rear control arms bushings.  The first time I replaced one thing at a time with that being the last.  Fixed it right up.   After that car was destroyed I built another and had the same problem.  Went to that first and that fixed it again.  My $.02
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] rear coil overs

I also have a 71 El Camino, w/ coil over shocks and a front and rear sway bars. It's an automatic  . The front end was completely rebuilt several years ago and now I have about 135,000 + on the  Elky.  Not a bit of hop , never did have any.  Have driven the Elky from Mass. to Florida to Michigan. from Md.  I'm running 255x15  all around ( if I remember correctly). Have jsut a little rear end sway on wet roads  when I get into it from the light.  But I don't let that happen too often. running 373:1 rear with shift kit. 12 bolt  Not a mechanic but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.   Bob K w/ 71 Elky