You can probably remove the rusted pipes with a bit of
heat and just
install some plugs to seal them and put it all back together.  Ed
BTDT--what's happened is that the end of the tube is rusted to the manifold and to the tube nut at the bottom of the threads.  When I try to remove the nuts, the tube starts to twist.  I've used penetrating oil, heat, & a variety of words momma didn't teach me to try to get it loose.  These are the original manifolds for the #s matching motor to the car, so I don't want to screw them up and have to buy new tubes (I'm cheap).  The exhaust is all new from the head pipes to the tail pipes, & the *#%* muffler shop welded it all together, so that would be a real pain to modify.  I'll keep looking until I find some that I know will work right.
Thanks for the help.

BL