From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Bradley
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 11:59 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: [Chevelle-list] disk brake conversion

Ok gang, sorry for being a pest.

Let me give you the complete low down.

I’m working on a 67 chevelle, have located all necessary hoses (with help from the group) banjo bolts and copper washers. I have new pads, good bearings and seals. This is a non-power conversion.

Will I need a new proportioning valve? And if so does it have to be adjustable?

I’m trying to have all my ducks in a row before attempting this conversion because this is my daily driver and now (after breaking my kneecap) work wants me back on a light duty basis, whatever that is for a heavy equipment mechanic. So this will have to be done at night, or over a weekend.

I’m trying to anticipate any problems. My other questions are, will I need to replace my tie rods or ball joints to complete this conversion if my current ones are good?

This being my first disk conversion, I’d rather ask and look stupid, than get in the middle of the project and feel stupid, know what I mean? I believe in the 6 P's!

Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Forever loyal to the group and in your debt!

Bill Bradley

67 Malibu

Edmond Oklahoma

http://groups.msn.com/SpidrManspics/mycar.msnw