Bill/Harlan,
Thanks for the input on the Royal Purple oil.
Bill, glad there's no more motor problems.
Harlan, thanks for your input as well, yes Royal Purple is a synthetic and supposedly a good one at that.
The only thing I have heard not to do with synthetic oil is use it for break in of a new motor, I've heard you should put some miles on with conventional oil before switching to synthetic.
But why then do all the new Corvettes and I think Vipers too come straight from the factory with Mobil 1?
Don't know.
I'm defiantly changing to Royal Purple before I get the Chevelle out in the spring.
I'll let you know if I see any changes.
Bob

(They have an extensive web site but I don’t have a link handy. Sorry)