-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of J. Brady
Sent: 22. februar 2004 02:44
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-list] bodywork.. bodywork.. bodywork..

Well gang,

Tonite I thought I'd gripe about the bodywork I'm
absolutely [EMAIL PROTECTED](@$@([EMAIL PROTECTED])!)@!-ing sick of doing..  I
have owned my '66 for 7 years, and I'm close to the
finish line on the bodywork, so I guess that's why
it's getting to me so much.

In the time I've owned the car, I started w/bodywork
b/c I didn't have the money for the engine work just
yet, so I did as much bodywork as I could handle-
then, I got a motor and put it in the car from a parts
car, only to have it die about 6 mos after I installed
it, so I then took a 1-yr hiatus.  From there, I
finally pulled enough funds together to get a 327 and
rebuild it for the car, and she now sounds great and
runs great-  And now, I'm down to the final stretch of
stripping the last of the original
nauseating-puke-colored turquoise paint off of the
car, in hopes of having the bodywork completed and
ready for paint by April.  Only thing is, I'm now
working on the roof, which appears to have gone
seriously neglected for about the first 10 years of
the car's life-  And then, to make matters worse, the
next buyer simply shot another coat of paint right
over it for that "new car" look.  I've been doing the
entire car with an orbital DA, and my God do I wish
I'd had the money to simply have the entire body
bead-blasted..  It's alot of work and I know it will
be worth it once I'm done and looking back, and I know
that had I not gotten the car in this condition, I
probably wouldn't have had one at all, so I really
need to clam up and just finish it..  But man, it's
been a rough road..  Anyone else had as much "fun"
with the bodywork on their classic??

Jim