Good sites, Bob. Shows the YS code to be 327/220HP manual trannie.
Mike
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] motor id

Small Block Chevy Engine Block Identification
Suffix Stamping Codes "UTU - ZY"

       Try these sites to decode the numbers
       Bob Haggard

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The motor is torn down and on the stand. I will check the crank and see what mortec says it is. I was wondering where I could find the info on what the stamped numbers on the front of the block mean (VO5I4YS). Thanks Jason and Brad!!!!
Wilsher Motor Sports