Wix also makes the filters for NAPA.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 8:00 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] AC Delco oil filters, any good?

IIRC the CarQuest filters are made by Wix, which is owned by Dana.  Herb
pointed out the Russ Knize oil filter website and your opinion of Fram seems
right in line with his.  ;^)  I haven't heard anything about ACD filters
being made by a 3rd party; would there be anything on the box to indicate
this?  Something along the lines of "mfd. for ACDelco" instead of "mfd. by
ACDelco", perhaps?  I haven't bought an ACD filter for awhile (I can get Wix
filters through my job) but the next time I'm in the store I'll have to
check one out.

Brad O.