Thanks Mikey and everyone else for the input.

Your expertise and opinions are much appreciated.

Fred

On Apr 4, 2004, at 6:01 PM, Capt Crunch wrote:

<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>The Wolfe lowers are a SOLID unit. No bushings at all and must be used with the spherical upper bushing. I would highly recommend reinforced torque boxes/attach points with roll cage material to prevent tearing the floor out. Like I said before... these are a hardcore race setup. These arms are on many 7 and 8 second cars running stock suspension race classes like I plan to run my car in. The whole setup is designed to allow you to launch the car hard off a trans brake and high stall converter. The setup is really not street friendly, nor was it designed to be of any real use on the street. The spherical bearing is used so the rest of your suspension can be a solid mount... this will still allow some roll of the axle. With poly or delalum bushings you really do not need these IMO.</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>Fred I think you are too worried about things. I think 90% of the cars on the road will see little difference between rear control arms and I really doubt there is gonna be a huge difference between running delalum bushings and spherical for a mild to semi-wild street car. Bushing type I do think will show a difference... the delalum (sp?) bushings are the best choice for a street car bar none IMO. Poly is a bit firmer, but they are more prone to squeaks and harsh ride. I have never seen a binding issue with them myself. If you need to change your pinion angle or wish to do so for drag strip performance then obviously adj. uppers are the way to go. But if your setup is fine as is or/and is stock... IMO why waste the money. For street use any of the adj. uppers will be fine if you go that route. I simply wish to get a double adjustable setup to make changing my pinion angle easier to adjust for track and car conditions. In the end I personally feel that magazines, online sources, and many catalogs many times make you feel like you really need these items or that is will be a cure all for wheel hop, etc. if you are not careful and really educate yourself, but in reality they are not needed for many cars. Many times issues like wheel hop, harsh ride, etc. are caused my worn out bushings, so fresh bushings will fix your problem.</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>As far as i know... you could never get a boxed upper, only boxed lowers from the factory. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. But you can box them yourself for far cheaper then new arms</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>Hope this clears things up a bit.</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>Mikey</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>----- Original Message -----</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>From:</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> Fred Dowaliby</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>Sent:</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> Saturday, April 03, 2004 9:05 PM</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>To:</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> The Chevelle Mailing List</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>Subject:</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> Re: [Chevelle-list] Wolfe suspension pieces</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>But what about the suspension bind issue and the supposed cure:  </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>spherical bearings?  After some thought and visualization, it seems</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> clear that a spherical or rod end bearing on at least one of the ends</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> per arm would be necessary to allow the suspension to work in turns.</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> Perhaps the minimal amount of body lean on the street makes the </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>bearings unecessary?</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>I'm awaiting delivery of a set of lowers from Global West. All this </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>makes me wish I had ordered a set of double adjustable from Wolfe for </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>less $.  They look like they come with rod end bearings which should </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>allow plenty of movement.</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>Fred</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>On Apr 3, 2004, at 1:33 PM, Clint Hooper wrote:</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>> It would seem that an excellent set-up would be boxed uppers & </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> lowers,with Delalum bushings. Does anyone make such a set-up,though?</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> > Poly bushings tend to bind up the rear. I agree with Mikey. Too much </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> adjustment is not necessarily a good thing.</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> My 69 has a Fab 9 rear with CE four link and Strange Eng.double</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> > adjustable coilovers. Making changes on it can make you dizzy.</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> Clint Hooper</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> H&H Custom,owner</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> LT5 Registry Director</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> http://www.LT5Registry.net/</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> ACES #1650</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint_hooper.htm</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> ----- Original Message -----</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>>  From: Capt Crunch</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>></x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> Fred... They are a race setup really. They are made of chrome moly for</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> > weight savings, come unpainted so you can see the welds are top notch </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> and they are double adjustable for ease of making continuous</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> > adjustments. I know a couple guys who have them and are very happy </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> with them, thus I will be upgrading my uppers to them very soon. I </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> will probably keep my current lowers.</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>>  </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> In the end though for a street car or street/strip I would box the </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> stock lowers and add new bushing of choice and replace the bushings in </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> the uppers unless you have a legit need to adjust your pinion angle. </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> These parts aren't really magic by any means... I am truly surprised</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> > to see so many cars shelling out the money for them when I see very </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>> little need. But that is just my $.02.</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>>  </x-tad-bigger>