I decided that while I am replacing the dash harness for my 69, I might as well replace the engine harness since it was pretty messed up.  I e-mailed the guy I bought it from about what I thought was a remote starter solenoid and he said he put it in there to fix the hot start problem (see below).  A chevy guy I talk to often didn’t see why that needed to be in there (especially up here in Washington).  What do you guys think?  Anyone have this solenoid installed?

Thanks,

JB

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 7:46 PM
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Question on Chevelle

The two red wires are for the Amp meter and the solenoid is NOT a remote starter it is a set up that helps the car start after hot days. It alleviates the problem called hot start. Just hit the link and it will tell you the problem and the solution. DO NOT TAKE THIS FEATURE OUT. It solves a myriad of problems. http://www.chevelles.com/techref/ftecref4.html.

Any more questions let know.

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 2:36 PM

Subject: Question on Chevelle

Hey John,

    Quick question for you... I just ordered a new dash, new dash harness (gauge one this time) and a new engine harness.

There are two fairly large red wires running through a hole in the firewall, do you know what those would be for?  Also, do you know why there is a remote starter solenoid in the engine compartment?  I am going to take it out but I was wondering if it was put in for a reason.

Thank ye once again.  Hope everything is going good with you, the wife, and the kids.

JB

Jason Brown, Systems Engineer II

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Eden Systems Inc.