Sorry, I still can't buy it and sounds like a copout.  Even if they don't
know what combination it's going into the fact that they include all (I
assume) necessary wires to accommodate variations, their should be
instructions.  If a wire isn't needed, say a tach wire or some relay wire,
it should state "...the brown wire is attached to the...and if not needed,
should be trimmed or taped."  My point is they included the wire(s) for some
reason and they should explain what it's for...whether it's used in a
particular car is immaterial.  Bottom line, it's cheaper to not have to
include written and/or photographic instructions.

Dale McIntosh