You might also tryhttp://www.davessmallbodyheis.com/

This one has been passed around many times on this list, but I think it's a great resource for electrical theory and how-to - real nice guy too, if you need to buy parts, or just ask a question:    http://www.madelectrical.com/index.shtml
----- Original Message -----
From: 65ss.com
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 4:13 AM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] distributor from points to electronic

Pertronix is the brand that I'm familiar with.
Changing from a Generator to Alternator is fairly easy. The new GM One wire units make it a snap, but you would do great to get a set of wiring diagrams for your vehicle, then some for a one wire GM alt. setup.  So you can see the difference without the regulators and all.

Charles