Pelle, be careful with heat wrap on the headers. It will void most if not all mfg. warranties because it will cause rust very fast and very bad.

    Brian

From: "Pelle Andersson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Problems mounting "mini" starter??
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:55:25 +0200

I just left my car to a local shop to mount the new "mini" starter (I've got
no lift)& it proved to be even closer to the headers than the original
one!!??
So they simply put the old one back until I talked to the retailer &
they said that the combination Chevy 402'' & Hooker Competition Headers made
a modification to the collector unavoidable & that i have to put heat
bandages around the starter & the headers. I've rotated the starter to the
maximum inner position & then its approx 1mm from the headers!
My impression was that a mini starter would give me more clearance from the
headers!?

Anyone recognize this?

Best Regards Pelle ************************************************* Chevelle Gearheads http://hem.bredband.net/gearheads/

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfeeŽ Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963