Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 10:31 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] help, need horsepower

Dan,

Just a question for ya, when you “finally” get it up to highway speed, and then you get on it, does it go pretty quick???  I’m guessing it does.  I have a 350 that was backed by a 2speed powerglide….  I changed to a TH350, and MAN what a difference.  I have a first gear that in the neighborhood of 2.5 where as the powerglide is about 1.75.  I can now “Throw Smoke” when ever I feel like it, from a dead stop or rolling.  I’d bet that with the tranny swap you’d get all the power you’d need (not want J).  I hope this helps.  And of course I could be totally wrong, and if that’s the case.  The list will surely let you know.

Jon Bongiorno

1966 Chevelle