Since I have only been a Chevelle owner since my divorce in April ( she got
the '55 Chevy) I am not that familiar with the operations of the "newer"
cars.  I have a 68 SS396 ( cloned but it's still a Chevelle and fun to
drive)

It has been in the shop a lot of the time for more upgrades - front end,
rear end stuff, discs, stereo system, dual electric fans and so on.  The
engine has about 2000 miles on the rebuild but we're fixing to pull it for a
Comp roller cam, roller rockers, new converter on the 700R4, new bracket
system, a new Air Gap manafold in the Permastar finish, yada, yada.  It
seems to be in good shape.  My wrench is a serious go fast engine builder
and feels the car is strong.

Here's the problem.

left the house on Monday to go for a spin.  About 4 miles from the house,
running fine, then quit.  A "pop" then all, I mean all, electrical went
away.  While waiting for the flatbed, I checked the battery ( a 2 month old
Optima) and it registered 12.53.  Before the flatbed got there, I tried
again to start it and it fired right up, ran for 15 seconds and stopped -
again no electric to anywhere.  Full power at the battery but none anywhere
else.  Actually a little, enough to barely power the inside lights for just
a second and then dead.

Walked out this morning and the batter registered 12.4 but it fired right
up.  I turned it off and came in to the office.

Is there a thermal electrical thang somewhere in Chevelles.  Obviously I
cannot trust going anywhere in it until it is found and fixed.  Reliability
is way high up on my list of happys.

Thanks in advance.

Scott