Some on the list already helped you on the "push down on front and then
push back on seat bench".  When you said "seat belts" I don't know if you
are referring to lap and / or shoulder?  I just added shoulder belts to my
'66 last winter and if your are doing shoulder belts and it's much easier
with the rear seat back removed also.  Typically the rear seat back is
hooked at the bottom edge by two clips that hook over part of the seat
frame.  With the seat bench removed you can see these.  Bend these clips up
slightly and pull the seat frame down and forward.  The top then hangs on
two or three hooks along the rear deck.  Also removing the arm rests and
window cranks makes taking the rear seat back out of the car much easier.

Krister Meister
Bloomingdale,  IL
'66 SS  #'s

                      Fruhauf Kerry A SSgt 3

                      CS/SCBS                         To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      .af.mil>                        Fax to:

                      Sent by:                        Subject:  [Chevelle-list]
Backseat 1969
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      evelles.net

                      07/19/2004 11:15 AM

                      Please respond to The

                      Chevelle Mailing List

OK, It's been a while since I've posted on the list.  But it seems that I
am
in need of your expertise!  Apparently I have been defeated by my backseat.
I'm trying to remove it so I can install new seatbelts for my kids, and I
cant figure out how to get it out.  It seems to just be a matter of tugging
on it with enough force, but it's awfully tight, and I'd hate to trash the
seat by ripping it out in haste.  Anyone ever have the rear seat out?  Is
there a trick?

On a completely separate note, my new 383 is running like a champ, now that
I figured out my problems.  It seems a Holley blue electric fuel pump does
not quite agree with an Edelbrock 1406.  Something about the PSI being off
by 10 or so! :)

SARGE