From: John Nasta
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 5:52 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] 64 SS hubcap on ebay - Wow! (Hood Spear)

It is actually a very contradictory ad. It says:

“The last time I checked, none of the restoration part suppliers offered this item in their catalog. This molding is a brand new, never installed reproduction part.”

So, if none of the restoration part suppliers offer it, how can it be a repro? Did the guy make it himself in his basement or something?

The hood spear ad does say it's a repro.  I'm just curious if NOBODY has it yet, how did he come by it?  If it's prototype, I'd wait a few months for the production unit to be available...probably for much less than the $400 this sold for.

"This molding is a brand new, never installed reproduction part."

Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709/NECOA #41
DalesPlace
  My 67 El Camino