Charles, The clearance is very tight on the draglink. The grease fitting problem is because at some point someone has replaced the inner tie rods with incorrect ones. The originals had the grease fittings on the end of the tie rod. They are still available from Moog, but there are several numbers that fit that do not put the zerks in the right place.
Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: 65ss.com
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 8:48 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Draglink

Today I finally finished installing the suspension in my '65.  Two things bug me.   The drag link is VERY close to the frame.  I think there is maybe a 1/16 inch clearance.  Also, the grease zerts for the inner tie rod ends hit the frame when turning.  I looked on my old drag link, and someone had put small caps in the holes.  So I greased the zerts, then put the old caps on the new tie rods which solved the hitting issue.  Does anyone else have this tight of tolerances?  I did upgrade to '71 brakes, and spindles, but this should not have affected the drag link position.

Any comments appreciated.
Charles
Check out my 502 powered '65 Malibu Super Sport Project
http://www.65ss.com