In the process of checking out a sound in my 68' with a 396 I decided to
pull the motor and am ending up with a very nasty 468 Gen 6 with roller
cam/rockers, ported heads, very beefy bottom end and so on.  Aughta do fine.
It was being built as a blower motor, but we are recamming it and doing some
head work and using a Edlebrock Air gap and 750 holley.  Been thinking about
a S&P induction system but that's another 4 large so I might do that this
winter.

Finally, here's the question.   I can only get a 3" filter and the extreme
top fits right up against the hood.  I don't want to rehood or go a scoop.
Anybody seen  a filter intake system that can get more air in.  I heard
about a ram air company in Canada and a cold air induction would be nice but
other than killing off the high beams or low down scoops that pick up road
trash, I'm not sure where the exit holes would be.

Thanks in advance for the help. Want it to look goooood.  At my age, it's
not what ya do, it's how ya look while you're doing it.  Cruisin'.........

Scott Somers