Posted this over at Team Chevelle:

Have a question about the correct placement of the chrome knob for the
windshield wiper motor switch on the dash of my '68 Malibu. With the key in
the ignition, and turned to accessory, the wiper motor is "OFF" when the
chrome knob is sitting horizontal - "PUSH" the knob with my thumb, and the
knob rotates clockwise, and the wiper motor starts. Is this backwards ?
Should the chrome knob on the dash be horizontal or vertical at rest ?

Also, the arm on the wiper motor turns counter clockwise as viewed from the
drivers seat, is this correct ?

Appreciate any help sorting this out.

Kent
'68 Malibu ZZ502/502