I installed seats from a late model firebird in my elky.  The biggest problem is
the floor pan.  On our cars, the floor pan is very uneven, I had to make 3 different
height spacers to get them level.  After that, you need to remember to reinforce the
floor pan so the mount bolts don't pull loose in an accident.

rick schaefer
72 El camino
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/rick/elcamino17.jpg
ACES #00140
Team Chevelle #00038

Please note: message attached

--- Begin Message ---
Hey; list members,,we, the wife & I, have owned a 1970 S.S.since Aug. of 71,,here's my problem,,in driving our other  various vehicles over the last few years,I've got to the point, where I just don't like the factory front bucket seats,,after sitting in the newer bucket seats of our other vehicles,, I can't stand the SS's bucket  seats,,has anybody installed different seats in their chevelle,,if so what vehicle did they factory come out of,,was it a direct fit,,or was there some modifying to get it done ?? help!!!! I'm almost to the point of selling or trading,,,don't show this to my wife,< I'll be dead tomorrow.>

<<Blue Gradient.jpg>>

--- End Message ---