The horn relay is readily available at any local parts store. I just replaced the one in my 69 a few weeks ago. First see if you have power at the horn contact at the wheel. Also try disconnecting the horn leads from the relay and touching them directly to the positive battery terminal to see if the horns work at all.

There are 2 horn relays listed for the 69 Chevelle / El Camino. The more expensive one is listed as being for cars with anti-theft. Not sure how that works though. You could always install a fuel or power cutoff switch.

John Nasta

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 12:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Front Wiring Harness - 69 chevelle

hi everyone  i have a problem with my horns IM at the that stage, i had to go with  an after market horn relay with the two main wires  that come from the battery junction box  and leaving the horn relay to the inside of the car are hook up.   the rest of the ports are live except one where the horn goes, right  i cant get power there when i depress the horn button,, can someone explain this to me, how it works, and if possible, is there a way to interupt power here to act has a theft deterrent , thanks jim