Auto.. powerglide
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 6:37 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] my flywheel is missing some teeth

Is it standard or automatic?
-----Original Message-----
From: Dan McIntosh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 3:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Howdy!
My new ride wont start. Thinking it was a starter malfunction, I removed it from the car.  When I glanced up at the flywheel, I noticed that 6 teeth were virtually non-existent.
It seems like if I spin the motor a little bit, the flywheel will move and the starter will engage on good teeth.  But my question is, if it doesn't start on the first revolution, and it hits this spot again, will it blow right by the bad spot due to momentum, or will it stop spinning the motor again.
I want to drive this damn car already, but something is keeping me from doing so!
Also, if it does start, and I park somewhere, and the flywheel just so happens to stop in the bad spot again, is there a quick remedy, such as leaving the car in drive and pushing on it or something?
Thanks all!

Dan McIntosh
Street Metal Fabrications
Pavement Scraping 1964 Impala S.S.