Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 7:10 PM
Subject: RE: RE: [Chevelle-list] EFI update....Thanks

Wayne,

Yep, I'm still in NE Ohio -- Lyndhurst.  Would love to show off the
Megasquirt to anyone that wants to check it out.  I think these things are
the beginning of the future.  A nice future.  :-)  Do you still have that 10
or 11-second '70?

More EFI update:  engine harness is complete.  Just need to add some fuses,
and all the wiring is done.  Removed the mech. fuel pump and installed
block-off plate.  I removed my passenger side header and took it to a
muffler shop over lunch and had the o2 sensor bung welded in. $20. Also went
to NAPA and got a 90-degree heater hose fitting for the base.  Thanks for
the engine compartment pic on that link, Rick.  It's more helpful than you
probably know in looking at all the little pieces

I bought another TPI setup on e-bay for a Real Good Price.  This one has a
base with the early bolt pattern (86-earlier), since my current base is the
'87-up type.  I dislike jobs that involve grinding and/or welding because
I'm not very well equipped for it.  Worst case is I have an extra TPI setup
for the '63 Vette, best case is I turn it around on ebay and make a few
bucks after getting my desired base.

This week I'm gonna try my best to get the fuel-system plumbed.  I've been
sort of dreading that part of it for some reason.  I keep thinking 'It's
gonna be HARD.'  But everytime I've thought that about past projects, I
manage to get through it, usually having it not be as hard as I thought.
Maybe I'll drop the tank tonight.

-Dave