Yes, I've seen it and struggled with it just like yourself and the others who
have responded.  I've also found a remedy and have been living without the
'bleeding' or 'seeping' for 3-4 years now.

My particular setup is on my 67 SS 396 and I added the remote reservoir setup
when I added power steering to retain the correct factory look for the 'early'
Chevelles.  I think they made the switch to the block/pump mounted style in 68
or 69.

Anyway, back to the problem and the solution.  Most places just want to sell
you an inferior heater hose grade hose - especially when they hear you say it
isn't under pressure and just for a 'gravity feed' type reservior.  The problem
is that this type of hose isn't designed for p/s fluid and it 'seeps' or
'sweats' the fluid rather quickly.  I use the Valvoline SynPower Synthetic
fluid but I assume any p/s fluid will do it.  After several attempts asking the
people at the parts counter and trying different types of 'heater hoses,' I
finally got someone who knew a thing or two and was willing to help me find a
hose that doesn't sweat.

You need to ask for a hydraulic grade hose.  You'll need to know your ID,
length, etc. so they can find something that will work.  I found mine at
O'Reilly Auto Parts. Get plenty of length as it is bound to be stiff and can be
cumbersome to get it routed correctly, especially with that J-bend you
mentioned.  I just used a couple of stainless hose clamps on the ends - the
hose should have a pretty hard exterior (when compared to a heater or radiator
hose) so the clamps won't compress it like you may be used to.  Hydraulic hose
of this size can also be relatively expensive if you're used to buying fuel or
vacuum hose.  Regardless, it will solve your problem and you won't have to
worry or clean up after it anymore.

Aaron Weaver
Atchison, KS