I have a question for anyone on the list that can help me ? I went to look at a motor today (454). I don't have the right book to check the cast # on the block , as follows # 361959 and what looked like the letter P under it but at 90 degree angle. other markings  GM  T 12  . THANK YOU JC
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] ADVICE

check to see if you have a draw on the battery then start it then take off the positive post if it remains running the alt is fine,  if you have a bad one then  then you should replace, but charge your battery before you try to run, ohh the 411 gear not good to run all day cruise, if it dont drain your wallet from the gas , then it might drain it when you have to replace the engine, i always keep a spare rearend , with a good road gear for the long trips. i maybe wrong  with the small block but i know a big block cant take te rpms all day without doning damage, good luck