I was 14 when my friend, who was 2 or 3 years older, came by in his car to show off his new slotted wheels. They looked so good, especially with that shiny smooth rotor showing, I reached right in to feel if it was as smooth as it looked. It took weeks to grow back my finger print. Never felt the urge since.

Brian

From: Krister Meister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: The Chevelle Mailing List <[email protected]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED],The Chevelle Mailing List <[email protected]>
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Ouch that was dumb
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:14:15 -0600






I am sure we all have done "that was stupid" things.  Dave's opening of a
hot radiator cap as a teen reminded me of one memorable situation.  16
years old, working at Goodyear Tire and checking for the source of an oil
leak.  Since it dripped more with the engine running - hoisted the car up
while running and noticed an oil drip coming out of the bell housing
inspection hole.  Stuck my finger in there to see how much oil was laying
in there only to have the tip of my finger hit the spinning flywheel gears.
Fortunately I felt it pretty quick and removed it just as fast - not
loosing to much flesh.  Dumb thing to do, but gained some new knowledge
that day.  Anyone else?

Krister Meister
Bloomingdale, IL
'66 SS #'s




Dave wrote answering radiator bubble problem:

If you haven't done this before, just let the engine warm up with the
radiator cap off.  Don't go for a drive and then try removing the cap.
15psi behind a couple gallons of 200-degree liquid can hurt.  I did that
once when I was in my teens.  Ouch.

-Dave



_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/





Reply via email to