Great question.  I have been pondering the same question.  My problem is that I
have a gauge kit (that came in the trunk of the car when I baught it)but I
don't know if it works.  My dilema is whether to install the untested gauge kit
and switch wiring harnesses or just get the idiot light to guage conversion and
use the harness already in the car.  Either way, its going to cost some
money....damn.

The other bummer of it is....why didn't GM have an oil pressure gauge in 70?  I
think this is probably the most important thing to watch.  Does anybody make a
gauge conversion kit that has a "stock looking" oil pressure gauge.  I'd rather
have that than a stupid clock.
Sorry for the rant, I'm just perplexed.

Steve
70Chevelle SS454