I recently purchased a one piece replacement floor from NPD. The floor had what appeared to be 1/8" thick strip about 3" wide, going from front bolt to rear bolt welded to the floor, with the bolts coming through this 1/8" strip of metal, threads up.

Larry
----- Original Message ----- From: "mike f" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:57 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Discussion on bolting seats and seat belt harness's

Greetings all.  Ok, I have some new bucket seats, the
Pro-Car seats from Summit. Also ordered are the slide
rail bases. The mounting holes are fairly close on the
outside holes from my old bench. What would anyone
recommend about bolts sizes and perhaps installing a
flat 4" square sheet metal support piece on the under
side of the floor holes?

I am interesed also in something more than lap belts.
Can I, or anyone, buy and properly mount a seat belt
harness without a roll cage? What are best lines of
thought to putting a good quality mounting system
together?

Thanks in advance
Mike
Valley View, Texas

By the way, the "Rule of Thumb" is still making me
laugh!