Just a guess but the part that goes on the door lock that the little clip holds on may be the wrong one or is binding.
----- Original Message -----
From: John Nasta
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 3:39 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] door lock has a mind of its own

Every once in a while my driver's door lock stops working properly, and then magically it fixes itself.

The symptom of the non-function is that when you turn the key to lock it and then turn the key back to take the key out of the lock, it unlocks. Likewise, if you turn the key to unlock it and then turn back to release the key, it locks again.

This is just a minor nuisance because I can open the door with the key still in the lock and then take the key out, and I don’t really need the key to lock it. Also, the problem seems to come and go. However, if anybody has some insight on what might be causing it, I'd like to try to fix it.

Thanks,

John Nasta

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.