In a message dated 4/10/2005 8:52:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
the 79 elcamino has very little value, personal I would not look once at it let alone twice, you might want to rethink, that project. go with a older model don't settle for just any truck. pick one with some value, or you will be throwing your cash out the window.    the 60 and 69 years models with a original big block engines are your best choose for restoration, unless you have a rich mother and you can afford to throw everything but the kitchen sink into it,,,,,,,,,cloner
Well it's not your choice so what does it matter to you.  Maybe he likes the car.  I guess you would have a problem with someone that wants to build a 77 Malibu Classic too.  nothing wrong with that car either.  Some people are not in it for the investment aspect, just for the fun of it and that is what should be encouraged.  Basically you said "that car is a worthless POS".  Once again, not your decision to build it.  I've been working on/restoring/modifying my 86 Cutlass since I got it back in 1997.  I've probably dumped well over $5000 into it between engines, transmission, rears, etc, but guess what, I choose to and it's my business, no one elses.  Will I ever get that kind of $$ if I decide to sell it, nope, but I could care less because I don't plan on selling it anytime soon.

Tom